Doctor insights on:
Remedies For High Blood Calcium Level
Hi there. I got a call from my g.P to have bloods retaken. My calcium level is extremely high. What does this indicate?
High Calcium level: You need to see a doctor, endocrinologist (e), to find out what is causing your calcium (c) to be high. Unfortunately, the causes of high c are not good. You may have vit. D intoxication, hyperparathyroidism or hyperthryodism, sarcoidosis, or a bone tumor, among other causes. Good to a e and get the answer to your question. A high blood level of c is no joking matter. Good luck. ...Read more
Depends on calcium: If the calcium is elevated or high normal and PTH is significantly elevated, primary hyperparathyroidism is most likely cause and would most likely be treated with surgery. If the calcium is low the most likely cause is vitamin d deficiency. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Have been told my calcium level is 2.9. Is that high? Doc recommends monthly blood tests to monitor - necessary?
46 yo female.My calcium level in blood test is 10.2. Is that high? Had thyroid scan for nodules. Would that also show parathyroid if there's an issue?
High Clcium: Check with your local lab normals. And ask team who ordered rd it they know H better. Scan no likely to show parathyroids. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- High calcium levels in blood
- Symptoms of high calcium blood levels
- What is a high calcium level in blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cause of high calcium levels in blood
- Signs symptoms of high calcium levels in the blood
- High liver enzymes and blood calcium levels
- What causes high levels of calcium in the blood?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free