Doctor insights on:
Eating Fish During Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Is eating fish and sea food only 300 gm maximum for once a week,, during the first trimester only or the whole pregnancy?
I am craving fish but I am also over 35 and pregnant. Is it ok to eat swai and whiting during pregnancy?
In moderation: Here is a list of fish that you should avoid and other fish that are safe in moderation. http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm. ...Read more
Catfish: Catfish is safe for consumption. All fish is is safe it is the amount that is the concern. Fish that are high in mercury (Swordfish, Shark) should be eaten in limited amounts. ...Read more
Always possible: Pregnant women have always had a peculiar culinary taste as witnessed by certain cravings. So, intolerance to certain foods with avulsion are also likely sometimes due to odors. ...Read more
What is the deal with sushi during pregnancy? Safe or not? Is it just certain types of fish? Thanks
The FDA disapproves!: Sushi should be avoided during pregnancy for two reasons. (1) risk of bacterial infection complicating the pregnancy. (2) risk of exposure to mercury complicating the pregnancy. Certainly not worth the risk during pregnancy. Cooked sushi or vegetable-only sushi should be fine, but then we'd worry about the person making the sushi having washed his hands after handling raw fish. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Remedy for dry cough during pregnancy
- Remedies for spitting during pregnancy
- Home remedies for stomach pain during pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any homeopathic remedies for a throat infection during pregnancy?
- Remedies for leg cramps during pregnancy
- Home remedies for tooth pain during pregnancy
- Home remedies for cough during pregnancy
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online