Doctor insights on:
Remedies For Drinking Too Much Alcohol
Too Much Alcohol?: Not everyone has this response, but alcohol can significantly irritate the lining of the stomach...Thus making it easier to have an upset stomach and to lead to nausea, vomiting, and ulcers. Also adding to this potential is that drinking heavily for your body type and experience can lead to alcohol poisoning and thus your body wants to expel anything toxic. ...Read more
Not just going....: People find their way out of chemical dependency in many ways, including increasing their spiritual/religious observances. However, the mere act of "going" is not likely to have a major effect. People drink/drug because they are in some kind of pain, usually old trauma, and untreated underlying emotional/psychological issues. Church can be helpful, but mental health workers also help - use both! ...Read more
Yes: Chronic alcohol abuse can cause atrophy or shrinage of the brain. Imaging studies such as ct scan of the brain can show enlargment of the ventricles and sulci which are "empty" fluid filled areas of the brain and correspond with shrinkage of healthy brain tissue. Animal studies of rodents exposed to chronic alcohol show loss of neurons or brain cells in parts of the brain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Home remedies for drinking too much
- What are the symptoms of drinking too much alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of drinking too much alcohol
- What can drinking too much alcohol cause?
- What are the side effects of drinking too much alcohol?
- Herbal treatment for drinking too much alcohol
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free