Doctor insights on:
Remedies For Divergent Strabismus
Cosmetic goal: Correction of the misalignment will not usually change the vision, so that drifting is still possible as vision in both eyes maintains alignment. Surgery gets the eyes close together but will not hold time in position if the vision is not good in each eye so drifting is possible. The goal then is limit the drift to a cosmetically acceptable level and hope it holds for a while. ...Read more
Alignment =surgery: Persistent alignment issues will often require delicate surgery on the muscles that move the eyeball have your eye dr refer you to someone who has completed the training to do thei special eye surgery. They are often affiliated with children's hospitals or medical schools. ...Read more
Diagnosis: Strabismus can be caused by refractive needs, muscle paralysis, pathology, or an intrinsic defect in the muscular coordination system of the brain between the two eyes. A diagnosis of which type must be made, and then the treatments vary: eyeglasses, patching, surgery . If it is pathologic such as a tumor or cataract, this must be addressed first. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have strabismus , how good is botox to fix it and what are the disadvantages of using this treatment knowing i had a eye muscle surgery 6 yrs ago?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for divergent strabismus
- What is the best treatment for divergent strabismus?
- Home remedy for strabismus
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Remedies for sebopsoriasis
- Home remedies for gengivitis
- Home remedy for stomach ace
- Fast home remedies that are good for stool softening
- Talk to a pediatrician online