Doctor insights on:
Relationship Between Ulcerative Colitis And Psoriatic Arthritis
Ulcerative colitis (ul-sur-uh-tiv koe-lie-tis) is an inflammatory bowel disease (ibd) that causes long-lasting inflammation in part of your digestive tract. Ulcerative colitis usually affects only the innermost lining of your large intestine (colon) and rectum.There's no known cure for ulcerative colitis, but therapies are available that may dramatically reduce the signs ...Read more
What to do if I have been diagnosed with severe ulcerative colitis and also severe psoriasis. is there any connection?
No: There is no direct connection but the two diseases can be effective treated with the same TNF medication. ...Read more
Have ulcerative colitis. Taking Lialda for four years. Can I take Celebrex for arthritis pain? I know I can't use aspirin or ibuprofen.
Yes: u/c is an immune condition, You need to use immune medications. ...Read more
Can someone tell me if there is any connection between ulcerative colitis and high ocular pressure?
Is it possible that there is a connection between my ulcerative colitis and 2-3 inch lesion on my spleen?
Yes : People with psoriasis (including psoriatic arthritis) have higher incidence of metabolic syndrome, diabetes, hyperglycemia, hypertension and obesity, all risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Atherosclerosis, presumably due to the inflammatory nature of the condition is more common in pa. There is some evidence suggesting anti-tnf therapy lowers the cardiovascular risk in patients with pa. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease involving the skin, nails, and occasionally the joints. It is not contagious. There are several types of skin lesions, most common variety being large red scaly itchy plaques on extensor surfaces such as elbows and knees. Psoriasis can be controlled by a wide variety of medications, but a cure has ...Read more
An inflammatory arthritis associated with psoriasis. The arthritis can affect a few joints (oligoarticular), many joints (polyarticular), tips of fingers (dip only), the spine (spondylitis) or a severe deforming of hands (arthritis mutilans). Arthritis severity does not ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Relationship between ulcerative colitis and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Any relationship between agent orange and rheumatoid arthritis
- What is the difference between psoriatic arthritis and polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a link between endometriosis and ulcerative colitis?
- What is the difference between osteoarthritis and psoriatic arthritis?
- Relationship between inflammatory bowel diseases and rheumatoid arthritis
- Family relationship between rheumatoid arthritis and lupus
- Talk to a dermatologist online