Doctor insights on:
Refractive Error (Definition)
Refractive error is an eye condition where there is a problem in focusing when viewing objects. Nearsightedness and farsightedness are due to refractive errors.
Blurred vision and eye strain: Refractive errors include myopia, hyperopia, presbyopia and astigmatism.Wearing glasses or contact lenses, or seeking vision correction surgery, can reduce or eliminate most of these refractive errors. Untreated, refractive errors cause blurred vision and eye strain. Neither blurred vision or eye strain damages the eyes, but it makes reading or seeing far more difficult and uncomfortable and tiring. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Be aware that there are specialists in all areas these days. This applies to rehabilitation from surgery or injuries as well. I would advise you to seek out the experts and then let their advice become your routine. Time and space separate you from whatever initiated the damage. Focus on what you have and then go from there. Some of us will pass through life without splitting a toenail. Most of the rest of us are not so lucky. ...See more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can eye exercises prevent or correct refractive errors?
- Is there a special diet for refractive errors?
- Briefly explain the seven natural therapies for refractive error
- Can i use my prescription glasses to find my refractive error strength?
- What are the different types of refractive errors?
- What is the margin of error for due dates based on early ultrasound?
- Refractive surgery
- What is the margin of error at dating scan?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free