Doctor insights on:
Reddish Purple Spots On Skin
I had a bad fall and my lower back locked on me. Now I have purple, reddish spots on skin in the same place it's locked. What is that?
Could low dose asa therapy cause you to bruise more easily and to develop purple spots on skin? I am also on HRT and lotrel (amlodipine and benazepril) for hypertension.
Yes: That is a common effect of low dose Aspirin due to the inhibition of blood platelets. If your hypertension is well controlled it can still happen but is more likely if not controlled. As one gets older the skin gets thinner and capillaries get more fragile and tear easier which makes these bruises appear more often. ...Read more
Dermatographism: Dermatographism means the ability to write on the skin. People with this form of chronic urticaria are sensitive to touch and pressure, as well as scratching. The areas of skin that are touched or scratched get a raised, red and itchy rash. While many people with chronic urticaria have some features of dermatographism, people with true dermatographism have pressure as the only trigger. ...Read more
Don't know.: There are a # of possible causes. The best way to get an accurate diagnosis would be dermatological evaluation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Reddish purple blotches on skin
- Reddish purple skin blemishes
- Remedies for reddish purple skin blemishes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for reddish purple skin blemishes?
- Home remedies for reddish purple skin blemishes
- Purple skin spots
- Red and purple spots on skin
- Talk to a dermatologist online