Doctor insights on:
Red And Purple Spots On Skin
Could low dose asa therapy cause you to bruise more easily and to develop purple spots on skin? I am also on HRT and lotrel for hypertension.
Yes: That is a common effect of low dose Aspirin due to the inhibition of blood platelets. If your hypertension is well controlled it can still happen but is more likely if not controlled. As one gets older the skin gets thinner and capillaries get more fragile and tear easier which makes these bruises appear more often. ...Read more
I had a bad fall and my lower back locked on me. Now I have purple, reddish spots on skin in the same place it's locked. What is that?
What could be the cause of tiny red spots on skin? They look like tiny red flat miles. Have had them for years.
Dermatographism: Dermatographism means the ability to write on the skin. People with this form of chronic urticaria are sensitive to touch and pressure, as well as scratching. The areas of skin that are touched or scratched get a raised, red and itchy rash. While many people with chronic urticaria have some features of dermatographism, people with true dermatographism have pressure as the only trigger. ...Read more
Tiny red spots on skin. Kinda look like tiny cuts and maybe bleeding under the skin. What could this be?.
Petechiae?: This sounds like petechiae, which actually is small volume bleeding just under the skin. This should be examined by a provider- petechiae have several causes but can be present with platelet disorders, that can affect blood clotting. Occasionally severe infections can cause petechiae, but most people at that stage wouldn't be on healthtap- they'd be in the icu! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Red and purple blotches on skin
- White male has light color spots on skin in sun those spots turn red and hurt
- Rash and red spots on skin on face symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Red spots under skin on hands and feet
- Red and purple spots on thigh
- Flat red spots on skin not itchy
- What are some causes for red spots on my eyelids and under my eye?
- Talk to a dermatologist online