Doctor insights on:
Recurring Peeling Skin
Happy Skin: Skin is the major protection of our delicate internal tissues from a harsh environment, it is susceptible to injury itself. Sun, shaving and many chemicals are very irritating as well as constant exposure to moisture reduces protective skin oils and sets the skin up for injury. The trick is to apply good protective skin cream frequently and minimize ongoing damage. Clean it using gentle means. ...Read more
See a dermatologist: You need to have this looked at by a specialist and have it diagnosed accurately. Good luck. ...Read more
No: Just leave it alone. It will simply fall off on it's own. If you are worried that the skin is so dry that it may be getting cracked in certain locations (wrists or ankles in particular right after birth), try applying some vasoline or aquaphor ointment. In due time, the old (dead skin) will simply fall off as you bathe your baby and the new skin underneath will be nice and soft. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is the skin on my fingertips peeling?
- What could cause skin peeling and redness on the penis?
- How do you reduce skin peeling while using differin gel?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The skin on my big toe is peeling
- The skin on my forehead is peeling off
- Skin peeling inside nose
- Scrotum rash with peeling skin
- Talk to a dermatologist online