Doctor insights on:
Recovering From Food Poisoning
Depends: Depends on the severity or quantity of exposure and the preexisting weaknesses of the person afflicted. ...Read more
Leave it alone !: This is irritated and inflamed skin from repeated nose blowing, just try to go easy on the nose until it heals ...Read more
If I am still recovering from food poisoning but have indigestion for 24 hours is it okay to take pepto bismol? I still have minor diarrhea as well
Is oatmeal okay to give my fiance, he has food poisoning and I been making sure he's drinking water but I don't know what he can eat while recovering.
Yes: It's a pretty bland food, and as long as he can keep it down, should be a fine choice. Hope he gets to feeling better! ...Read more
Depends: Staph: lasts 1-3 days. Viral gastroenteritis can last a week. Anything longer needs evaluation. See doc if fever, bleeding, severe symptoms, i.e. Can't keep anything down or in, other health issues, e.g. Diabetes, chronic illnesses, elderly, very young, rash, joint pains, recent travel, antibiotics in past 2-3 months, etc to make sure of the diagnosis, and get appropriate rx, avoid dehydratio, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many: There are many pathogens that cause food poisoning. It is often possible to sort them out based on onset of symptoms. Most of these causes of food poisoning are self limiting. If you have vomiting and diarrhea that exceeds your input you may need medication and possibly IV fluids although rehydrating orally is best. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of food poisoning from shrimp
- Symptoms of food poisoning from salmon
- Food poisoning from bananas
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get food poisoning from ice cream?
- Can you get food poisoning from couscous?
- Can you get food poisoning from salmon?
- Can you get food poisoning from apple juice?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free