Doctor insights on:
Recovering From A Stroke
Avoid it now: Your characteristic term implies loss of balance and incoordination. Do not risk falling from an exercise machine, you do not need new injury. Instead work with physical therapist and gradually rehab and gain better function. Perhaps in a few months you can return to your exercise machines. ...Read more
My husband has been diagnosed with severe white matter brain disease. What is that and what does it mean? He is recovering from a stroke.
"White matter": I agree with dr. Kumar. "white matter" refers to the nerve fibers that facilitate communication between nerve cells -- along with myelin, a fatty sheath that covers the them. White matter is below the surface layer of the brain, and can be followed all the way down the spinal cord. Strokes can injure these areas; some people have cognitive changes as well as physical symptoms afterwards. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Although the first f: The first few months is a significant predictor for the level of stroke recovery. However, recovery can continue over a much longer period of time. In fact there are some strategies that take advantage of neurologic plasticity for a sub group of patient to facilitate further recovery even years after the initial event. Evaluation and guidance by an appropriate medical specialist is critical. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long does it take to "recover" from a stroke to the point where no more improvement is expected?
Give order to brain: Agree with other drs. Will add that if the stroke is caused by an infarct and not by bleeding in the brain pts. Should take some sort of anti platelet or anticoagulant. If the reason was an emboli associated to atrial fibrillation needs anticoagulantion with warfarin/other. If the stroke was b/o carotid stenosis higher that 75% needs carotid surgery (endarterectomy). Physical therapy is critical. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could it be possible to recover from a stroke with no complications, how can someone reduce their risk of a stroke?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to recover from a stroke?
- How long does it take to recover from a temporal stroke?
- How long does it usually take to recover from a stroke?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take to recover from a stroke?
- How long does it take to recover from a broken fibula typically?
- How long does it take to recover from a broken tibia typically?
- How long does it typically take to recover from a hip flexor strain?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free