Doctor insights on:
Reasons For Dilated Pupils
Withdrawals: Pupillary constriction is associated with opiates & heroine on board body & actively causing drowsiness & euphoria. As opiates metabolize out of tissues, withdrawal symptoms of sympathetic overdrive set in; accompanied by pupillary dilatation, muscle contractions, sweating, anxiousness, & generally feeling horrible. Pupilllary size will normalize along with dissipation of withdrawal symptoms. ...Read more
I wake up with extremely dilated pupils there so big i can't even look in a mirror straight with out getting a wierd feeling. What causes this ?
Is sunlight dangerous after having an examination with dilated pupils ? I had to walk for 30 minutes without sunglasses and it was a very bright day.
Go see eye doctor: 1st need to find cause of dilated pupils. Are they symmetric? If not, need to get evaluated for anisocoria (https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/eye-disorders/symptoms-of-eye-disorders/pupils-unequal). Do they adjust to light? If not, we worry about medications & brain injury: http://www.healthgrades.com/symptoms/dilated-pupils. Bottom line: always look for cause before asking about treatment. ...Read more
Mydriasis: It's called mydriasis and it has been reported to occur in a few patients on paxil. It was studied as people with anxiety, depression, etc. Could have the same problem even without Paxil and yes, it was found that it is a possible side effect. This gives the warning of use in people with narrow angle glaucoma causing pain. Talk to your doctor if it is bothersome (dizziness) for an alternative. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for dilated pupils
- Remedies for dilated pupil
- Reasons for enlarged pupils
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Sudden sharp stabbing pain in eye for no reason left eye what is this
- What is the most likely reason for clicking in my throat when i swallow?
- Reasons for getting your period twice in one month
- Reasons for low bleeding during periods
- Medical reasons for dilated pupils