Doctor insights on:
Really Itchy Eyes
My daughter is 12 almost 13 in March, she has itchy eyes throat and wasn't feeling good. I gave her 2 benadry. Now shes really sleepy is this norm?
Fasciculations?: Not sure what you mean by vibrating. There are eyelid twitches (usually a lower lid) when your eyes are open or "fasciculations" or quivering of the upper eyelids when eyes are closed while awake. Caffeine has been implicated in both these scenarios but it could be strain of facial muscles from stress or routine gesticulations (facial expressions). Itching is usually allergy but could b other prob. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many causes: Depending on the underlying cause, most cases of itchy eyes can be successfully treated. Most common causes are allergies, dry eye, and blepharitis. See an eye md to help determine the underlying cause, and seek treatment advice. Often a drop such as an artificial tear, otc or rx drop for allergies, sometimes a short course of a mild topical steroid, is prescribed. Cool compresses can be helpful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: The problem with home remedies is that it is unsafe to treat a symptom without knowing its specific cause. Itchy eyes, for example, can be caused by allergies or infections. Treating the wrong cause may allow the actual condition to become worse. It is always safest to see an eye doctor who can then tell you whether there are home remedies that can treat your particular condition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you get rid of really red eyes after smoking weed?
- Alcohol consumption cause itchy watery eyes
- Itchy eyes and face
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I get really itchy an i scratch until i bleed
- Clotrimazole to treat swollen itchy flaky eyes
- Is it normal for my eyes to feel itchy when waking up in the morning?
- Itchy rash with bumps really itchy at night on shins and forearms
- Talk to a dermatologist online