Doctor insights on:
Raised White Cell Count Causes
What can cause raised red cell count but with low iron stores (anemia). White cell count is at lowest end of normal lab value?
Lots of things: First of all, "anemia" and "low iron stores" are two completely different labs. Anyone who rod you otherwise is making a common mistake. In thalassemia minor, red cells are small and their count maybe high despite a mild anemia. Insist on a complete answer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have just received a letter from my doctor saying that my blood count showed a mildly raised lymphocyte and white cell count, what does it mean?
Leukopenia: A low white cell count (leukopenia) can be caused by many different things. Some people have low white cells due to a medication they are taking. Others are born with it. Others develop it because of dangerous conditions such as leukemia. Please consult with a hematologist to determine what form of leukopenia you have. ...Read more
Many: Primary or secondary blood disorder, infection, immunologic diseases, medication, and many other possibilities. Most causes would be treatable. If this has been confirmed then consultation with a hematologist would be appropriate. ...Read more
Unlikely: What kind of spots? However, these spots are likely unrelated to the white count. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Raised liver enzymes and a low white blood cell count
- Causes of high white cell count
- Causes of low white cell count
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Very high white blood cell count causes
- Costochondritis causes high white blood cell count
- Diseases caused by low white blood cell count
- What causes the white blood cell count to be low?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free