Doctor insights on:
Statin - Simvastatin: Zocor is the brand name for simvastatin, one of several "statin" medications that inhibit hmg co-a reductase, the rate limiting enzyme in cholesterol synthesis. These medications increase the number of LDL receptors that bind and remove LDL particles from the circulation. Statins have been shown to significantly reduce heart attack, death from heart attack, and ischemic stroke. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Simvastatin: read this: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a692030.htmlGet a more detailed answer ›
Maybe: Depending on where you started from and how much cholesterol lowering is needed based on risk factors etc. Speak with your doctor. ...Read more
Talk To Your Doctor: Statin medications, including zocor, are known to be associated with muscle aches, pain or weakness. The relationship with memory is controversial and has not been seen in well designed clinical trials. Individuals, however, can have unique reactions to a given medication. You should contact your doctor and discuss options for a time off the medication and reassessment. ...Read more
My cholesterol is elevated, is it advisable for me to take zocor? How much milligram do I need to take? Thankyou and more power!
My cholesterol is elevated, it is advisable for me to take zocor? How much milligram should I am going to take? Thank you and more power!
Check: With your physician who ordered the test. Yes, you should be taking one of the statin drugs to normalize cholesterol levels. You should also make sure your diabetes is well controlled as you want to keep your arteries healthy, exercise needs to be incorporated in your life and watch your weight! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i quit cocaine?
- How soon after quitting smoking will the shortness of breath go away?
- How long after you quit smoking do your lungs heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Coughing up black phlegm after quitting smoking
- Will your liver heal completely if you quit drinking
- Wheezing after quitting smoking
- Are muscle aches a common side effect when quitting smoking cigarettes?
- Talk to a cardiologist online