Doctor insights on:
2: Singulair can be effective in as few as 2 hours. For patients with exercise induced asthma should take singulair at least 2 hours before exercise to be able to feel the effect of the medication. Because of the inflammatory nature of asthma in most other cases it can take several days to achieve full benefit of the singulair. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Montelukast is effective as a "controller" medication in mild asthma and also is approved by the fda for allergic rhinitis (hay fever). It may be used alone or with other allergy/asthma medications. All ashtmatics should have a "reliever inhaler" in addition to their controller medication. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Difficult to answer: Unlike rescue inhalers which work very quickly, oral drugs like singulair do take awhile. It would not be a very good substitute for a rescue inhaler because of this. Continue your other medications while taking singulair and don't be discouraged. Good Luck ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: I'm unable to find any data demonstrating that singulair negatively impacts growth. We see kids on this medication quite a bit. The growth issues for kids with asthma are related to the concomitant use of chronic oral corticosteroids and rarely the inhaled ones also. Chronic illness will impair growth, but if singulair keeps asthma in check it shouldn't be a growth concern by itself. ...Read more
Pharmacist: Since it's a once a day medication it may not matter what time you take it as long as it's the same time each day. Your pharmacist can advise you about dosing as he/she has access to all the information about medications. ...Read more
One week : 2-3 max or it won't help.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i quit cocaine?
- How soon after quitting smoking will the shortness of breath go away?
- How long after you quit smoking do your lungs heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Coughing up black phlegm after quitting smoking
- Will your liver heal completely if you quit drinking
- Wheezing after quitting smoking
- Are muscle aches a common side effect when quitting smoking cigarettes?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free