Doctor insights on:
Great question: The is a great question...Hotly debated amongst experts. Because grapefruit can cause certain of these medications to increase in concentration, their side-effects may also worsen. Timing of taking the meds/juice does not seem to affect this, as the juice may have an effect for several days. Crestor and Pravachol may not be affected as much...Consider switching if you like grapefruit! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Cholesterol meds : The dosage of your cholesterol medication is based on your cholesterol levels. If you cut back on the dose the cholesterol will go up. Talk to your doctor if you are having problems with the medication or cost. ...Read more
I'm taking 10 mg lipitor. Was recommended to take one only on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. Have you heard of this before?
Back to baseline: Statins modify a physiologic process that affects the way the body regulates the level of ldl-cholesterol, which is genetically and environmentally determined. Once a statin is withdrawn, the body's native regulatory mechanisms re-establish the prior ldl-c level. 80% of the effect is seen by two weeks, back to baseline by 4-6 weeks, assuming no dietary or caloric alterations. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i quit cocaine?
- Can i take lipitor with wine?
- How soon after quitting smoking will the shortness of breath go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to cough up black phlegm even after you quit smoking?
- Coughing up black phlegm after quitting smoking
- Will your liver heal completely if you quit drinking
- Wheezing after quitting smoking
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free