Doctor insights on:
Questions About Tattoos And Body Piercings
Tattoos on your breasts, or elsewhere, will not have any effect on your pregnancy or on breastfeeding your new baby. It may not be a good idea to get a new tattoo during pregnancy or while breastfeeding, because of the small risk of infection from the small breaks in the skin that ...Read more
What are the probable infections that a person gets with tattoos, extreme piercings, and especially body modification?
Keep it clean.: Before, during and immediately after the procedures, keep the area clean and protected. Once healed, tattoos are unlikely to become infected. Piercings, on the other hand, should be protected from further trauma, and if become red and painful, may need additional care or removal to prevent the spread of infection. ...Read more
Yes... Carefully: Be careful and only go to a certified and approved site. People who have had cardiac surgery may be at increased risk for developing heart infections. Please discuss this with your doctor as they may recommend specific retailers that they know in your area. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Piercing and tattoos
- Can someone with coarctation of the aorta get a body piercing or a tattoo?
- Piercing and tattoos children and teenagers
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Reducing tattoo and piercing pain
- Piercing and tattoos use mouthwash more than toothpaste
- Questions about osteoporosis
- Questions about nuvaring
- Talk to a dermatologist online