Doctor insights on:
Question About Aortic Aneurysms And Where To Go For Surgery
Yes: Yes. Other segments of the aorta can become aneurysmal, or other arteries such as the iliac or popliteal arteries, or even arteries of the brain. The most common non-cranial aneurysm is the aorta below the kidneys. This is most common in men >65 who have ever smoked. Brain / cerebral aneurysms can occur at any age and are slightly more common in women. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have to undergo possible surgery for a aneurysm on my aorta what is the average time and stay in the hospital for such a procedure?
What to do if my brother had heart surgery 6 days ago for aneurysm, his aorta was about to burst and repaired yet however tp?
I have had an abdomal aortic aneurism for a few years and my doctor hasn't mentioned surgery. Why?
My mother had emergency aortic aneurism surgery. It has been one week and she is still not awake. Why would this be?
Neurology consult: Emergency surgery of this sort is frequently associated with hemorrhagic shock, a condition which often results in coma. If circulatory arrest or heart bypass was utilized, this increases risk of brain damage. If your mother has associated cerebrovascular disease, her "safety margin" is much reduced already. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How common is pneumonia and the need for dialysis after open heart surgery for a torn aorta due to an aneurysm and two blocked arteries?
A 4.1 c ab aeortic aneurism grew to 4.8 c in less than a year 71 yr old male. Is surgery recommended? To wait until 5c seems dangerous
I agree with you: Rapid enlargement is one of the accepted reasons for operating. You describe fast growth. I wouldn't wait. ...Read more
Sir, my question is do 2d Echo detect aortic aneurysm from suprasternal notch view?i've suprasternal notch pulse and I'm 22 year old male.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- How long does it take for swollen to go down in hand after surgery?
- How long before i can go back to work after surgery for a broken leg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My head hurts for the last 3 hours and i have fever should i go to the doctor
- What type of doctor should i go to for my hemorrhoids and urinary problems?
- What are activities to avoid for an aortic aneurysm?
- What to ask about dialysis for sepsis and kidney failure?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free