Doctor insights on:
Qualify For Disability Benefits
Complicated: You must be medically unable to perform the essential functions of your job, nor are you able to perform other gainful employment in order to qualify for social security. Government agencies have an interactive process to advocate or deny disability benefits. ...Read more
The question is not: complete. The Social Security Administration can advise if you are eligible for SSI. ...Read more
Check with VA: The VA has put a great deal of effort in streamlining this process. Start with your local VA hospital. Veterans organizations are also quite familiar with disability criteria and the paperwork necessary to determine whether you qualify. As a last resort your Congressperson's local representative can be helpful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Perhaps: Disability is a measurable deficit. You may have to undergo evaluation, examination, testing and other things. A stroke does not have to render one disabled. Discuss with your pcp or see a physiatrist (rehabilitation specialist, not a p s y c h i a t r i s t). Emotional and psychological aspects of stroke come into play as well and may have to be examined, tested and treated. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not enough info: to answer this question.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you qualify for disability benefits?
- Can you qualify for permanent disability with lupus?
- What are the benefits of water therapy for someone with a disability?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you qualify for disability for a anxiety disorder?
- Can you qualify for disability with severe depression?
- What mental illness qualifies for disability?
- What disabilities qualify for ssi?
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free