Doctor insights on:
Qns Human Papillomavirus High Risk
Risks of HPV: Two strains are associated with cervical, oral & anal cancer and 2 with genital warts. The virus is a somewhat stealth agent that can pass easily in spite of condom use. It can also go unnoticed & hibernate for years before transforming local cells to produce cancer. The fact that it is out of sight makes the cancer strains more worrisome. Any sexually active person can get it. ...Read more
Testing: Testing for HPV is generally a DNA test done on a pap smear or a sample collected like a pap and not a blood test. There are several ways that this can be done and you can test for the high and/or the low risk strains of the virus.Hybrid capture is one of the more frequent methods used in the US but not the only one. Hope this answers your question. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can I get human papillomavirus if my boyfriend and I were virgins but had oral with others before we lost it to each other?
Yes: These viruses can be transmitted orally as well. ...Read more
HPV: Hpv is a viral infection that increases one's risk for genital warts and cervical cancer. Since viruses are opportunistic organisms, it is important to increase your immune system to fight the virus. Optimize your vitamin d level. Green tea has been known to be effective against hpv. Dr. Mercola has an excellent discussion on the topic. Log on to www.Mercola.Com. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cervical high risk human papillomavirus
- Human papillomavirus vaccine risks
- High risk pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the chances of getting cervical cancer when hpv high risk positive?
- High risk pregnancy diabetes mellitus
- Can human papillomavirus be cause genital warts and ovarian cancer?
- High risk hpv during pregnancy
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free