Doctor insights on:
Pus In My Eye
My right eye has been red and bloodshot for 2 days. There is no pus and my other eye is fine. It may have been caused by a contact lens?
I keep getting diagnosed with different things, but sometimes my eye itches really bad, it becomes red and swollen, then bumps with pus show up on my upper eye lid. I was told at one time it was shingles but it happens at least 3 times a year, anothe
My eye has been hurting for about two weeks. It gets pus in it and my vision has been blurred what can this be?
Urgent Ophtho: The constellation of visual change, eye pain, and apparent pus in the eye can represent dangerous bacterial infections. Rarer but also serious problems, like uveitis, are also possible. Eyes with these symptoms need to be examined promptly at least by a pcp and likely by an ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dad works as a welder, something fell in his eye and now pus is coming out of it. What could be wrong?
Yes: If by "eye pus" you mean discharge from your eye, the most common cause is bacterial buildup and resulting mucus discharge in your tear film. Though this is not a true infection, good eyelid hygiene (warm scrubs with baby shampoo) can clear it up. But thick yellow discharge, especially accompanied with eye swelling and burning, can indicateinfection with a virus or bacteria requiring treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- White bump in the corner of my eye
- Light flashing in the corner of my eye
- I feel like i have something in my eye
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Suddenly i felt pain in my eye like a needle
- What would a bump in my eye next to the iris mean?
- Is it normal to have a constant headache since a burst blood vessel in my eye?
- Pain in the inner corner of my eye
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free