Doctor insights on:
Pregnancy rash.: Puppp stands for pruritic urticarial plaques and papules of pregnancy - now known as pep (polymorphous eruption of pregnancy). This is the most common dermatosis that may develop in late pregnancy (after 34 weeks typically) and cause intense itching and redness mainly on the abdominal skin. It is more common with male fetuses and does not increase the risk of pregnancy complications, resolving pp. ...Read more
Topical or oral meds: First try low-moderately potent topical corticosteroid creams, then oral antihistamines without drowsiness effects (e.g. Claritine, allegra) and finally oral steroids as last resort. If none of the above helps, then early delivery may be required (rarely), to relieve the maternal symptoms. ...Read more
I am week 36 and planned for an elective c-sec in week 38, I am suffering from mild puppp. Is c-sec ok if not why?
C-section/puppp: Yes, c-section is fine. You're itching will likely resolve soon after delivery. ...Read more
I've had puppp for 2 weeks now. I tried lotions and Benadryl but it seems to just keep spreading. What else can I do to get rid of them or stop itchin?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Age limit on liposuction
- Age limit for donating eggs
- A recovery heart rate for a person who is 25 years of age after 5 minutes of working out is about:
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Till what age height increases for boys
- Aging gracefully
- Till what age do girls grow in height
- At what age do men stop growing
- Talk to a dermatologist online