Doctor insights on:
Pulse Oximetry Low
What's the point of pulse oximetry if you can have O2 sats between 97-100% and still have breathing issues?
Please explain if it is possible to use a pulse oximetry to check oxygent saturation for someone who inhaled carbon monoxide?
Not infection: Using pulse oximetry will not show a real oxygen saturation of the hemoglobin. Co binds to hemoglobin more avidly than oxygen, shifts the saturation curve to the left as what is measured is occupied hemoglobin (reduced) even if the co is the one occupying it. It is best to use the abg. ...Read more
Aterial blood gas normal, chest X-ray normal, bloodwork normal, pulse oximetry 98-99% , lung function test normal still feel like i can't breathe?! help!
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Low pulse oximetry reading
- Adult asthma pulse oximetry low
- What is the result of pulse oximetry low in adult asthma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pulse oximetry levels
- Normal pulse oximetry range
- Disadvantages of pulse oximetry
- Room air pulse oximetry
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free