Doctor insights on:
Pulmonary Fibrosis End Stage Symptoms
Shortness of Breath: Mainly, patients with pulmonary fibrosis have shortness of breath. Some can get low oxygen levels. Others can also have an unrelenting cough. The thing is, however, this greatly depends on how severe the pulmonary fibrosis (or scarring) is. If you have only mild scarring, you can have no symptoms at all. The best way to find out how much it has affected you is to do a lung function test. ...Read more
Answered earlier: Early it causes desaturation with activity. Later it causes low oxygen tension in the blood, and later it causes co2 retention. So the symptoms will be air hunger and signs will be rapid breathing. At later stages there is cyanosis to nail beds, ear lobes and tip of the nose. Later as co2 accumulates there could be changes in mental status. If the o2 not corrected, it can cause heart attack. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- End stage pulmonary fibrosis
- What are the end stages of pulmonary fibrosis?
- End stage idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- End stage pulmonary fibrosis what to expect
- What are the end life symptoms of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
- Pulmonary fibrosis end of life
- End stage pulmonary disease
- Talk to a palliative care specialist online for free