Doctor insights on:
Pulmonary Fibrosis And Lung Nodules
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
Aspirating a lot?: Exposure of the vocal cords to stomach acid ; pepsin will result in inflammation of the vocal cords (as is also often seen with acid regurgitation). Acute laryngitis may result, but watch out for chronic hoarseness, throat clearing, airway spasms, bronchitis, an asthma-type presentation, and even a higher risk of throat cancer. Impedance ph testing with a symptom diary can best characterize this. ...Read more
Are crackles and abnormal lung sounds always heard with A stethoscope if you have Pulmonary fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis : good question, very little can be said to be 'always', usually is probably appropriate ...Read more
What is pulmonary fibrosis? And how is it described from an X-ray ? I was told I have hardening of the lung does this mean I have it?
I m too much worried abt lungs i hve read on healthforums tht LPR can lead to pulmonary fibrosis or COPD m just 30 now what to do for long term?
Diagnosed with acute pulmonary fibrosis in 09. Currently 75% each lung scarred, how much time could be left?
Awareness: Pulm fibrosis is associated with an increased risk of pulmonary malignancy. The risk is higher in smokers who have fibrosis. Apparently the scarring from fibrosis can lead to scar carcinoma. Regular radiographuc f/u may be beneficial in finding disease earlier. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a pulmonary nodule on the lung?
- What is the difference between pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary nodule?
- What is the difference between lung nodule and lung fibrosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is black lung the same thing as pulmonary fibrosis?
- Is intersitial lung disease the same thing as pulmonary fibrosis?
- Does a lung transplant cure pulmonary fibrosis?
- How does pulmonary fibrosis affect the lungs?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free