Doctor insights on:
Pulmonary Fibrosis And Celiac Disease
Is it true that the disease won't spread to the other lung if only one part has pulmonary fibrosis?
In Celiac disease the body reacts to gluten (in wheat and gluten like proteins in rye and barley) in the small intestine causing damage. This limits the intestine's ability to absorb some nutrients. Classically people have loose stool, bloating, and abdominal discomfort but more often are just found when screened for other reasons (like symptoms of a nutritional deficiency like ...Read more
Does bad air affect respiratory function in people with diseases like asthma or pulmonary fibrosis?
Yes: People with chronic respiratory diseases should avoid heavily polluted air. Air quality alerts are issued for areas when there is a high concentration of pollution. These are usually reported on the local weather reports. In some instances, poor air quality can even cause chronic lung disease. For more information on this, go to the american lung association website. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not much: Ild/pulm fibrosis is a progressive destruction of lung architecture resulting in progressive shortness of breath. All therapy tried to date has not provided much improvement. Oxygen and exercise while awaiting lung transplant is a current management option. The mortality of ipf is on the order of less than 5 yr after dx. ...Read more
Same: Ipf is one form of ild. It refers to disorders of the interstitium of he lung vs. Diseases that effect the bronchi, or alveolar spaces. ...Read more
I have been diagnosed with Interstitial lung disease and post inflamatory pulmonary fibrosis. o2s are 94-98% when awake and 88-89% when sleeping. should I be using oxygen when sleeping? prognosis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can celiac disease cause reactive hypoglycemia and low blood pressure?
- Celiac disease and swollen lymph nodes
- White blood cell count and celiac disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Caffeine and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Can celiac disease cause abdominal pain and diarrhea right after meals?
- Celiac disease and gastric bypass surgery
- Celiac disease and low blood pressure and heart palpitations
- Talk to an allergist online for free