Doctor insights on:
Protruding Nipples (Definition)
Most women's breasts have nipples that stick out (protrude) slightly at rest and become erect when stimulated, as with cold. During pregnancy, the nipple and the pigmented area around it (areola) thicken in preparation for breastfeeding. Little glands (Montgomery glands) on the areola become more noticeable. They contain a lubricant to keep the nipple and areola from drying, cracking, or becoming infected.
Bra inserts: There are inserts that can be placed in your bra to hide prominent nipples. Some padded bras work nicely as well. There are a few bras that have these inserts built in. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
Nipples: You can actually do a nipple reduction, minor procedure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cold Temperature : Breasts are modified sweat glands and respond to parasympathetic (ps) impulses. The ps system controls temperature, sweat gland secretions (sweaty palms when you're nervous, etc) and arousal response (protruding nipples and sensitive breasts).. Breasts are most sensitive while lactating (breast feeding) and menstruation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My nipples are extremely sore and very protruding am i pregnant
- Home remedies for protruding nipples
- How long does nipples protruding associated with pregnancy last?
- Remedies for protruding nipples
- What is the best treatment for protruding nipples?
- Pregnancy nipples protruding
- Will my nipples remain protruding and sore throughout my preganancy
- Herbal treatment for protruding nipples
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free