Doctor insights on:
Is there a drug interaction with Cetrizine, Protonix an Valtrex? Can they be taken together I have alot of sinus drainage
Yes, but not for all: Protonix belongs to a class of antacid medication called proton-pump-inhibitor such as the famous purple pill, prilosec. Some examples: prilosec, nexium, prevacid, aciphex, dexilant, and protonix--they differ slightly, but generally have similar efficacy. One may work for one person, but not another. So, if it is not working for you, consult doc for a change. Good luck. ...Read more
As needed: It should be taken as long as needed and at the lowest dose possible. That being said patients with barrwtt's esophagus should remain on it. I would discuss with a md before using any ppi for greater than 3 months. ...Read more
I am on protonix since 5 months. And i don't to take it forever. I once tried giving it up but my symptoms were worse than before i started taking it.
Need to taper.: This medication needs to be tapered off over the course of a few weeks. Otherwise symptoms come back with a vengeance. Take it every other day for a week or so. If you have symptoms use tums and ranitidine. After that week go ahead and stop. Treat symptoms with rantidine and tums as noted. If symptoms persist you may have to restart the protonix. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the interaction of alcohol and fluconazole?
- Loratadine diphenhydramine interaction
- Interaction between zyrtec and cough medicine
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Zoloft benadryl interaction
- Seroquel ambien interaction
- Methylprednisolone alcohol interaction
- Lisinopril interaction with naproxen
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online