Doctor insights on:
Prostate Infections And Infertility
Yes, maybe: Yes - hpv causes cellular changes to the cervix, vaginal and vulva leading to cancer and precancerous lesions that may need ot be removed. This could include proceedures such as leeps or loops that remove part of the cervix. This can cause incompetent cervix leading to difficulty with getting pregnant or continuing a pregnancy. It may also lead to the need to remove the whole uterus and cervix. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The prostate is a gland that lies at the base of the bladder and surrounding a segment of urethra. It secretes a milky fluid that is discharged by excretory ducts into the urethra during the emission of semen. It is clinically important because enlargement of the prostate with age, and prostate cancer are two common ...Read more
Can measles lead to infertility in men? Is there even a possibility that the infection can cause infertility?
PID: Pelvic inflammatory disease or infection after abortion may cause scaring in the genital tract the ovaries release eggs that are swept into the fallopian tubes and into the uterus. Inflammation ; scaring of the tubes may cause blockages ; the eggs cannot pass. Severe infections may scar the ovaries preventing egg release ; the endometrium (lining) of uterus preventing implantation of an embryo. ...Read more
How long does it take for an untreated bladder infection to make a teen male infertile? I've been having a bladder infection for a year and a half :/
UTI: Uti in men, unlike women, is often due to some anatomic or physiologic abnormality of the urinary tract or the immune system and this needs thorough evaluation by a urologist. Why this has gone untreated for this lengthy time period needs some explanation, but whether this will in any way affect your fertility will depend upon what structures were involved in the infection. See a urologist asap. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for the symptoms of prostate infections to come and go?
- Inflammation and infection of the prostate
- Can a yeast infection cause your vagina to swell and hurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is your earlobe swollen red and hot if you have an outer ear infection?
- Lower back pain and pain above hip on both sides from kidney infection
- Why does it take so long for antibiotics to cure a prostate infection?
- Difference between urinary tract infection and std
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free