Doctor insights on:
A common human skin disease characterized by areas of scaly red skin (seborrhea) with blackheads/whiteheads (comedones) , pinheads (papules), large papules (nodules), pimples & possibly scarring. Occurs mostly on face, upper chest & back. Treated with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic ...Read more
Skin disorder: Involving the pilosebaceous follicles which encompasses the hair shaft, the hair follicle, the sebaceous(oil) gland. Acne involves increased "debris", so called follicular hyperkeratinization, in the follicle, along with increased sebum(oil) production, and inflammation that may in part be related to the Propionibacterium acnes bacteria. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Acne: The germ is propionibacterium acnes. Skin colonized by p. Acnes tends to erupt into the blotches and pustules of acne. Since the 1960s, doctors have fought p. Acnes with antibiotics. The bug fought back. It's now common to find p. Acnes strains resistant to several common antibiotics. ...Read more
What role does clindamycin have on clearing up acne? How does it work? What does it do to achieve results?
What exactly does clindamycin 1% topical solution do to the skin for acne purposes? And isn't it essentially rubbing alcohol?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for propionibacterium acnes
- Propionibacterium acnes gram stain
- Propionibacterium sodium intake with acne
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to rid of acne and scars?
- Can i use duofilm in acne?
- Diane 35 can remove acne
- Why do i have such bad acne?
- Talk to a dermatologist online