Doctor insights on:
Progression Of Lupus
I'm 22 months out liver transplant due to "cryptogenic cirrhosis" now have stage 3 fibrosis with bridging. No hepc. Lupus. Progression/prognosis?
Impossible to say: If you have stage 3 fibrosis in the new transplanted liver, that is certainly of concern. The lack of bridging (a precursor to cirrhosis) is encouraging. I am certain you have an entire transplant team available to you - these questions must be posed to your transplant doctors - surgeons, gastroenterologists and others who know your full history to get a meaningful answer, not my guessing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My dsdna double strand reference was 3.45 and very symptomatic.. S this a positive for lupus how is it scored?
Possibly: this is one of the many blood tests used to diagnose lupus..you should consult your rheumatologist to have them run a full battery of tests ...Read more
This last 2 weeks feel so run down between p.O.T.S and lupus... Im 27 i want to feel normal. But i don't think ill ever be "normal" again. :/?
See below: Go the lupus foundation of america's website to find a support group for lupus patients near you. I think you would find this beneficial and you would also learn how other patients cope with the disease. ...Read more
Not likely: Why worry about 3 disorders, as you likely possess one unifying diagnosis to explain your problems. A good place to start is with an endocrinologist to deal with diabetes and the complications secondary to this. Focus on these issues, and later, if things seem peculiar look into co-morbities. Lastly, if you possess diabetes and lupus, doubt you have ms in addition. ...Read more
Is it ok for s.l.e lupus patients to take suppliments for gym workouts such as, Karbolyn xr3, stance bcaa, gluamatic
Genes, environment: This answer will change as we know more about lupus. We believe that for a person to get lupus, from the limited genetic information we have now, about 10% is from known genetic causes and remaining 90% unknown genetic causes and environmental causes. Environmental causes are largely undefined but important. Think about this: only 30% of identical twins develop lupus together. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Lupus in all its various presentations is treatable but it is not curable nor reversible. In some cases, lupus may go into remission but if it does go into remission, it does so on its own and does not go into remission as a result of treatment. ...Read more
Somewhat hereditary?: Sle (lupus) is an auto-immune disorder in which a person's immune system is reacting strongly against parts of his own body. The inflammation from the immune system reaction leads to symptoms. It is believed to be partly genetic or familial (some people may be genetically more likely to get sle) and partly environmental (something happens in a person's life that sets off the auto-immune reaction). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lupus progression symptoms
- Progression of osteoporosis
- Rosacea progression
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Myopia progression in children
- Myelofibrosis stages of progression
- Progression of als symptoms
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free