Doctor insights on:
I only get my period when I do the progesterone withdrawal challenge. I have been on both oral contraceptives and progesterone. Which would be better?
How soon after stopping progesterone supplements should a person with turner syndrome start a withdrawl bleed ?
Estrogen replacement: Most women with turner's syndrome require estrogen and Progesterone supplementation because of ovarian failure. If you're only receiving Progesterone and not having periods, then you're likely estrogen deficient and require both hormone replacement. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Progesterone: The most common symptom is irregular menses caused by non-ovulatory cycles. Another may be sustained spotting for a week or more. The action of progesterone is to prepare the lining of the womb for a potential implantation (pregnancy). When there is a lack of sufficient progesterone the lining degenerates and various withdrawal bleeding episodes can occur, ...Read more
What is the normal range for the amount of time it takes to start a period after your last progesterone pill?
3-10 days: With adequate estrogen effect & at least 7 days of Progesterone use, you should see a withdrawal bleed within 3-10 days. If not, you need to discuss this with your doc. To prevent hyperplasia, you may need a longer course (10 days). For synchronizing your lining, you may need a higher dose and/or estrogen supplementation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the side effects with progesterone withdrawal?
- How long after i stop taking progesterone suppositories will my period return?
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Progesterone suppositories in early pregnancy
- How long do shakes for alcohol withdrawal last?
- How long do sertraline withdrawal symptoms last?
- Withdrawal method during ovulation
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free