Doctor insights on:
Progesterone Only Contraceptive Pill
If I started taking my Zelleta progesterone only contraceptive pill on Tueday(first day of period) will I be protected tonight?
Yes : If you started the first day of your period and your period is typically regar and predictable then you are protected ...Read more
I took my contraceptive pill (only progesterone pill) then after 20 minutes I throw up . Do I need to take another pill or it gave its effect?!
Several: Actually they are more effective than traditional sequential, combination pills because there are no hormone-free days. They do not cause strokes, blood clots or heart attacks. They may cause less decrease in your libido than combination pills which suppress testosterone production more from your ovaries. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I am 35, not a smoker nor have I ever been but my Dr switched my birth control pills to progesterone only pills, are there any reasons for this?
May be: Related to the fact that the risk of "blood clots" is increased in women age >35 with the combined contraception pills and that while with higher dosed progestin dosing - utilized for issues other than contraception - that there is increased blood clot risk too, with the lower progestin used in "minipills" for contraception that this risk isn't really observed. Why not ask your doc? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No estrogen. : Most birth control pills contain both estrogen and progesterone. Progesterone only pills are commonly used in the postpartum period because they are thought to be less likely to decrease breast milk production. They are also an alternative in women with risk factors for blood clots. These pills are also different in that no pill-free interval or placebo is used. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Progesterone: Because that is the active pharmaceutical agent. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are examples of progesterone only birth control pills?
- What are the advantages of progesterone only birth control pills?
- What are disadvantages of progesterone only pills?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Deep vein thrombosis dvt and progestogen only contraceptive pill pop
- Progesterone only pills effect on endometriosis
- Progestogen only contraceptive pill pop interactions food or alcohol
- The progesterone only pill and reflux
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free