Doctor insights on:
I just started using a natural progesterone cream. Is there any interaction taking an occasional Xanax along with the cream?
No: There are no known interactions between the two. However if more than 'occasional, ' xanax is not the greatest treatment for anxiety. In addition, if both drugs are prescribed, your pharmacy will automatically check all your prescriptions against each other for interactions and let you know before you even take one. If one is not prescribed, you shouldn't be taking it. Talk to your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: To eat foods containing chemicals known to be similar (in effect) to the body's hormones is usually a bad idea. The dosing would vary each day because the foods never contain the same amount of chemical from meal to meal, people don't eat the same meals each day, foods from different farms have different levels of chemicals, etc... The only way to get exact amounts is by approved, purified drugs. ...Read more
Don't!: There are no foods that stimulate progesterone. Further, foods traditionally claimed to contain Progesterone such as mexican yams are unregulated, may contain progestins but not progesterone, and do not have a progestogenic effect. Many have an estrogenic effect! if you have a true need for additional progesterone, which most women don't, talk with a knowledgeable doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Progesterone topical cream interactions
- What is the interaction of alcohol and fluconazole?
- How long after i stop taking progesterone suppositories will my period return?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Progesterone suppositories in early pregnancy
- Will period start when using progesterone suppositories
- Loratadine diphenhydramine interaction
- Interaction between zyrtec and cough medicine
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free