Doctor insights on:
I only get my period when I do the progesterone withdrawal challenge. I have been on both oral contraceptives and progesterone. Which would be better?
No: To eat foods containing chemicals known to be similar (in effect) to the body's hormones is usually a bad idea. The dosing would vary each day because the foods never contain the same amount of chemical from meal to meal, people don't eat the same meals each day, foods from different farms have different levels of chemicals, etc... The only way to get exact amounts is by approved, purified drugs. ...Read more
Don't!: There are no foods that stimulate progesterone. Further, foods traditionally claimed to contain Progesterone such as mexican yams are unregulated, may contain progestins but not progesterone, and do not have a progestogenic effect. Many have an estrogenic effect! if you have a true need for additional progesterone, which most women don't, talk with a knowledgeable doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after i stop taking progesterone suppositories will my period return?
- Progesterone suppositories in early pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Progesterone dominance symptoms
- Cyclogest pregnancy progesterone
- What is a low number on day 21 of progesterone test?
- Normal progesterone levels
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free