Doctor insights on:
Primsol Antibiotic And Antimicrobial
N o: Levoquin and Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) are two different class of antibiotics-levoquin beongs to quinolones, Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) belongs to sulfa class.They have different indications and treatment although in some infections eiher ones can be given .Levaquin is not safe for very young and very old population.However. ...Read more
I have recently taken trimethoprim for a uti. I have since found out that antibiotic use can lead to c diff. How likely is it that this will happen?
Not very likely: Theoretically, any antibiotic use can lead to c diff. Trimethoprim is not a high offender on the list however. If you are truly concerned, you can take probiotics like florastor or lactinex while you are taking the antibiotic to lessen your chance of the infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes, you can.: That should not be a problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it safe to take antibiotics ciprofloxacin and trimethoprim together at the same time? Are there any interactions?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Priftin antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Urex antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Furadantin antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Cefol antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Macrobid antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Clindamycin phosphate antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online