Doctor insights on:
Primary And Secondary Hyperthyroidism
Is it considered secondary hyperthyroidism if the TSH is 6.8 and T4 is 3.1 since they are both elevated?
I have primary hyperthyroidism. My T4 level is 23 but my TSH levels are 0.01. How long does it take for levels to rise. Currently taking 100mg ptu dai?
Hyperthyroid: The PTH will lower your T4 and you will start to feel better. TSH is the pituitary hormone that controls the thyroid. If your T4 has been elevated for a while, your pituitary TSH will take a while to recover and may not start to elevate right away. But do not obsess about this. Your FT4 of 23 is in the upper range of normal, I believe. This is perhaps why your doc gave you a low dose of PTU. ...Read more
Hello i've just found out that I have hyperthyroid. I'm really struggling with this it has taking over my everyday life. How do I feel better?
See your doctor: To control hyperthyroidism, you will need help. Usually hyperthyroid patients are given radioactive iodine to destroy part of their thyroid and bring their levels down. If you can't for some reason, there are medications both to temporarily lower thyroid levels and to help with the side effects of high thyroid levels. ...Read more
Questions about exercise regimen. Is there any problems with doing workouts when hypo or hyperthyroid?
Hyperthyroid: Yes, weight loss is very common in folks with over-active thyroid glands. That is usually treated with anti-thyroid medication or radioactive iodine. When you thyroid glands are under control you will stop losing weight. Your anti-thyroid treatment may result in a period of under-active thyroid. Your doctor should be checking up on this early after initial treatment and at longer intervals. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Primary and secondary immune response graph
- Whats the difference between primary and secondary infertility
- Primary and secondary skin lesions
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Primary and secondary risk factors for heart disease
- Primary and secondary intention wound healing
- Main antibody of both primary and secondary immune response
- Primary secondary and tertiary prevention of chf
- Primary and secondary adrenal insufficiency