Doctor insights on:
Priftin Antibiotic And Antimicrobial
Contamination: Food can be contaminated with c.diff bacteria and contribute to it's spread. There presently isn't a clear link between antibiotic use in beef and c.diff proliferation, but in theory it's possible, just as there is some suggestion of antibiotic use in beef and the spread of drug resistant bacteria. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is risk of c diff if repeatedly treated with antibiotics? Also risk of antibiotic resistance?
Uncommon but real: This is an uncommon but real issue.Risk varies with the type/duration and intensity of antibiotic use (IV vs oral,etc.) Many centers do stool surveillance cultures to spot this in higher risk patients. Resistance is an everyday issue today which drives us to be selective & specific on antibiotic use.The risk of an individual having to deal with these is part of dealing with healthcare today ...Read more
What antibiotic can you safely take after having c diff 3 months ago? Also. How can you prevent recurrences?
Almost all : Antibiotics alter the healthy micro-flora in the gut and are therefore a setup for c diff. So none is completely safe. Probiotics or yogurt with active cultures may be of some help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Urex antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Primsol antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Furadantin antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Cefol antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Macrobid antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Clindamycin phosphate antibiotic and antimicrobial
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online