Doctor insights on:
Preventing Vaginal Yeast Infections
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
What are some ways to prevent recurring vaginal yeast infections for someone who gets them quite easily (besides probiotic)?
Treat intestines!: Recurrent vaginal yeast is usually caused by yeast overgrowth in our intestines, known as intestinal candidiasis, a common side effect of antibiotics & hormones.This is treated with a low starch diet, probiotics & antifungal drugs or herbs. See http://www.Huffingtonpost.Com/dr-mark-hyman/yeast-infection-symptoms_b_657354.Html & http://bit.Ly/1aeoabl. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Itchiness: Also a change in your usual discharge. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Foods to prevent vaginal yeast infections
- What could be causes of vaginal itching besides an std or a yeast infection?
- How often should i take my diflucan to treat vaginal yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can yogurt cure a vaginal or penile yeast infection?
- Treating vaginal yeast infection while breastfeeding
- Are swollen groin glands normal with a vaginal yeast infection?
- What is the difference between bacterial vaginosis and a vaginal yeast infection?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free