Doctor insights on:
Diabetes is a disease of increased blood glucose levels. Glucose is a type of sugar that comes from the intake of food. Insulin is a type of hormone that removes the glucose from the blood and moves it into the cells to provide them with energy. There are two different types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2. Type 1 diabetes is when the body does not make any insulin. Therefore, glucose stays inside the blood and does not move into the cells. Type 2 diabetes, which is commonly associated with obesity, is when the body is either resistant to the effects of insulin or when the body does not produce enough insulin. Increased levels of glucose in the body causes severe damage to the ...Read more
Soda: Both can be quite problematic.Get a more detailed answer ›
Diet and diabetes: Sometimes certain foods will theoretically delay the onset of type 2 diabetes but this is poorly understood and more hypothetical. Foods containing brewers yeast contain chromium and can be useful as an example. More preventive information is available from: http://www.Diabetes.Org/diabetes-basics/prevention/. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Prevent diabetes slogans
- Can exercise prevent the complicatons of diabetes?
- How to prevent diabetes with diet exercise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to prevent diabetes onset during pregnancy?
- How to prevent diabetes insipidus with a low sodium diet?
- Preventing baldness
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free