Doctor insights on:
Prevent Erosion Of Bones Rheumatoid Arthritis
Why there are periarticular osteoporosis, juxta-articular erosions, narrowing of joint space and low blood glucose level in rheumatoid arthritis?
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Rheumatoid arthritis ..
Can hand deformity be prevented and if it already occur can it be stopped ?
If you already: If you already have joint damage, you will need to go on Methotrexate and probably a biologic if you are candidate for it. The combination of two can halt progression of the disease. Sometimes bone erosions can heal, but if you have extensive joint damage the medications will not be able to reverse all that. Hope that helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Treatable, but......: It is eminently treatable, but not preventable. We do not know the trigger for the disease! ...Read more
What can I do to prevent rheumatoid arthritis? My mother has rheumatoid arthritis. How likely is it that i will get it too? Is there anything i can do to prevent it?
Some increased risk: Family members of RA sufferers are at a mild increased risk of developing ra, but the disease is not inherited directly. Your best bet is to stay generally healthy, so that your body can "fight." most important in being generally healthy is don't smoke. Smokers probably have greater risk of ra, and studies suggest they don't respond to treatment as well as they should. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Prevent erosion of bones inflammatory diseases
- The best types of exercise to prevent bone loss associated with lower back arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis side effects of anabolic steroids
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Common effect of long term use of glucocorticoids to treat rheumatoid arthritis
- Treatment for itchy skin of rheumatoid arthritis
- Use of prednisone in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Seronegative erosive rheumatoid arthritis
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free