Doctor insights on:
Pressure Points In Ear
I have a cold and at certain points in the day my ears feel pressure and i feel sensative to sound.! is this normal?
Been feeling a small bruising like pain where my glasses stay behind my ears. Is it possible to develop pressure points from the tip of glasses arm?
Yes: Yes. If new. unlikely if not new. Try bending tips or arms out a bit. ...Read more
Ear feels very pressurized sometimes like it needs to pop. Than it does and than it goes back to pressure. Coming off of a cold. Is this normal?
Ear popping: Sounds like a problem with your eustachian tube wich is very common after a cold. If not usually a problem in the past then this will clear up on its own usually. ...Read more
Eustacian tubes: The tube that runs from your middle middle ear to your nasal passages is different in everyone, some larger or smaller, some at more of an angle....And allergies can make it less open also (it is lined with the same tissue as your nose basically). Things that can help when you fly is chewing gum, using a nose spray like afrin before you fly, or something called "earplanes", in your pharmacy! ...Read more
ETD: It sounds like you are having trouble equalizing the pressure in your middle ear. This often creates a fullness, like you want to pop or clear your ears. It is called eustachian tube dysfunction (etd). Decongestant either sprayed into the nose or taken orally can alleviate this problem. Sometimes your doctor needs to examine this and treat with other rx if no success with otc rx. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ringing in ears pressure in head
- Head pressure and ringing in ears
- Pressure points behind ears
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can sinus and allergy problems cause pressure in your ears and face and nose?
- Pressure points for rheumatoid arthritis in the right hand
- Ringing in ears sinus pressure
- How effective is pseudoephedrine in fixing ear pressure blockage during flights?
- Pressure in ear when bending over