Doctor insights on:
Possibly: If your prescriptive needs are important to you that is to say if you feel uncomfortable walking around viewing things at a distance without proper eyeglass correction, than it can be helpful to put that prescription in a sunglass if you find that the bright light outside is best handled with sunglasses. It is certainly more convenient than a clip on sunglass. It does cost a little. ...Read more
I have progressive lenses. Looking to get prescription sunglasses. Is it ok to get single vision lenses in those b/c i only need them for distance?
Not a problem: It is unclear to me why at age 19 that you were prescribed progressive lenses since your powers of accomodation (near vision) should be normal. Go ahead and get the sunglasses with single vision lenses which should perfectly address your needs near and far. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not reasonable: There are many reasons to wear sunglasses but no reason to wear prescription sunglasses unless there is a need for a prescription. Someone with normal vision does not need corrective lenses and the sunglasses such a person wears should be without correction (we call this plano). ...Read more
Check with your doc: You were probably given a prescription for eyeglasses when you last had your eyes examined. If you can't find your prescription, you can check with your doctor's office -- there should be a copy in your chart. (another reason medical records are useful!) eyeglass stores often have a machine that measures the refraction of your current eyeglasses, and may be able to use this for sunglasses. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i use for sunglasses when i wear prescription glasses?
- Prescription varifocal sunglasses
- Sunglasses with prescription
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell how bad my vision is from my contact lens prescription?
- Do you always need a prescription to get an oxygen tank?
- Names of prescription cough syrup
- Does wearing sunglasses protect your eyes while on the computer?
- Is it okay to wear prescription sunglasses over contacts?