Doctor insights on:
How do I get pitocin nasal spray prescription if i don't have any conditions needing it? Doctor suggested using it to help climax during sex
ask prescriber: It is not illegal to prescribe meds for an 'off-label' or non-fda indications but the insurer may not cover it. This sounds like a use similar to viagra, which most insurers won't cover as 'not medically necessary' all prescribed meds should be monitored by prescriber esp hormones like yours. ...Read more
No.: Oxytocin is produced in the pituitary gland. Recovering hormones from humans (or animals) is associated w/ many risks. So there is no good reason to attempt to extract from living or dead persons/animals. To my knowledge, this is not being done anywhere. Oxytocin is a relatively easy protein made in the lab w/ the identical Amino Acid sequence found naturally in human beings -& it works perfectly. ...Read more
Hyper-oxytocinemia? : Oxytocin is 1 of 8 hormones released by the pituitary gland, which is divided into the anterior & posterior lobes. Posterior lobe secretes oxytocin & adh. Main actions: aid w/ uterine contraction during labor & w/ release of breast milk. Excess can cause harder uterine contractions & stress the fetus. Hyper secretion in non-pregnant /non-nursing female is rare & need endocrinology consultation. ...Read more
Fetal statuss check: A oxytocin challenge test(oct) involves giving a pregnant mother the drug to stimulate at least 3 contractions in a 10 minute interval to check whether the fetal heart rate accelerates(reassuring) or declines. It allows the OB md to check on the fetal status especially when there are concerns about the baby's wellbeing. ...Read more
Oxytocin: Oxytocin is a powerful hormone. When we hug or kiss a loved one, oxytocin levels drive up. It also acts as a neurotransmitter in the brain. In fact, the hormone plays a huge role in pair bonding. Prairie voles, one of nature's most monogamous species, produce oxytocin in spades. This hormone is also greatly stimulated during sex, birth, breast feeding, and the list goes on. ...Read more
No: It does notGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell how bad my vision is from my contact lens prescription?
- Do you always need a prescription to get an oxygen tank?
- Names of prescription cough syrup
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to convert my glasses prescription to my contact lens prescription?
- List of prescription scar reducing creams
- Prescription pain killers and opiates leading to infertility
- Is there a way to determine my visual acuity from my contact prescription?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online