Doctor insights on:
Depends on the: medication.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends: Are you doing the flying? If so, any sort of sedating medication is absolutely contraindicated. ...Read more
For her, nothing: You can do will make her stop, and nagging doesn't help anything - often makes it worse. You can tell her of your love and concern for her, get information on where help is available. In some cases, a formal intervention (very expensive and not covered by insurance) can help people get into treatment. Attend alanon meetings for yourself to deal with your issues about her use. ...Read more
That depends on : what medications you are referring to. Your physician can tell you if you can stop cold turkey or if a med requires a taper. ...Read more
Prescription drugs: Go on the site (http://www.rxlist.com/drugs/alpha_a.htm) and scroll down to medications starting with letter J. There are many of them. ...Read more
Other peoples meds.: No. It is not a good practice to take other folks prescriptions. Sometimes it can even be fatal. ...Read more
Addiction diagnosis: It can be very difficult for the average person to tell if someone has an "addiction" problem vs. Being just physically dependent on a medication. They are not the same thing. Addiction usually has dishonesty as a symptom. Best the individual be evaluated by a physician certified by the american society of addiction medicine (http://www.Asam.Org/). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is capsaicin cream a prescription drug?
- Prescription drug abuse
- Can prescription drugs cause hallucinations?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Healthy foods to eat while going through prescription drug withdrawal
- Social and cultural factors in prescription drug abuse
- What are prescription drugs that are substitute marijuana?
- What to do if you are going through prescription drug withdrawal?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free