Doctor insights on:
Preparations For Colonoscopy
How long will it take to heal by itself for hemorrhoid I got because of preparation for colonoscopy?
I have big swelling on my rectum because of preparation for colonoscopy. What could it be and can I still have colonoscopy tomorrow?
Got external hemorrhoids because of preparation for colonoscopy. They are extremely painful and itchy. How long will it take to heal? Will they by themselves? Can I do something so they can heal soon?
Several Tips: Don't drink your prep too fast. You are more likely to get nausea and vomiting if you chug too fast. Also, don't chill your prep too much. Really cold liquids slow down gastric emptying. Also, the closer you take the prep to the time of colonoscopy, the cleaner your prep will be. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: There are many variations of "the prep", but in general you will need to restrict your diet to clear liquids the day before the procedure, and drink a prescribed preparation to wash out your colon the evening before and possibly the morning of the procedure. There may be other instructions for the avoidance of certain foods (seeds) for a few days in advance. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Split prep: There are at least a dozen colonoscopy preps. However, the most effective prep is taken both the night before and the morning of the exam. Also, it is important to drink as much clear liquids as possible the 24 hours before colonoscopy. Avoid sugary drinks which draws water back into the blood stream from the colon. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When will the laxatives for my colonoscopy preparation start working
- How to cope with preparation for a colonoscopy?
- Magnesium citrate preparation for colonoscopy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best preparation for colonoscopy
- Preparation for endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Preparation for colonoscopy procedure pills
- Preparation for colonoscopy screening
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free