Doctor insights on:
Preparations For A Colonoscopy
Several Tips: Don't drink your prep too fast. You are more likely to get nausea and vomiting if you chug too fast. Also, don't chill your prep too much. Really cold liquids slow down gastric emptying. Also, the closer you take the prep to the time of colonoscopy, the cleaner your prep will be. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: There are many variations of "the prep", but in general you will need to restrict your diet to clear liquids the day before the procedure, and drink a prescribed preparation to wash out your colon the evening before and possibly the morning of the procedure. There may be other instructions for the avoidance of certain foods (seeds) for a few days in advance. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How long will it take to heal by itself for hemorrhoid I got because of preparation for colonoscopy?
I have big swelling on my rectum because of preparation for colonoscopy. What could it be and can I still have colonoscopy tomorrow?
Split prep: There are at least a dozen colonoscopy preps. However, the most effective prep is taken both the night before and the morning of the exam. Also, it is important to drink as much clear liquids as possible the 24 hours before colonoscopy. Avoid sugary drinks which draws water back into the blood stream from the colon. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Got external hemorrhoids because of preparation for colonoscopy. They are extremely painful and itchy. How long will it take to heal? Will they by themselves? Can I do something so they can heal soon?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to cope with preparation for a colonoscopy?
- Preparation for a colonoscopy procedure
- Is it safe for me to have a colonoscopy if i have an enlarged prostate?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do they put you to sleep for a colonoscopy?
- What does the doctor do during a colonoscopy and what is he looking for?
- What prep is required for a partial colonoscopy?
- When will the laxatives for my colonoscopy preparation start working
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free