Doctor insights on:
Preparation H With Biodyne
Yes but why?: Prep h contains astringents which help shrink swollen tissues, and a lubricant--helpful with irritated anal tissues but not appropriate to use elsewhere. Try something made for the area that irritates you rather than possibly introducing something harmful. ...Read more
Piles: Sure, worth a try.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends: On what symptoms you are having. But if no symptoms such as pain bleeding, prolapse, no need to treat. Maintain a high fiber diet, drink plenty of fluids, avoid constipation or diarrhea, don't strain or read on toilet. May be a candidate for rubber band ligation or hemorrhoidectomy. ...Read more
Temporary: My understanding is that the ingredient in prep h that draws water from the skin has been removed. But even if i'm wrong, it is still only a temporary solution - your body moves water into any area of subcutaneous tissue that lacks it; so the "tightening" effect will last only until you stop applying prep h. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Preparation h with bio dyne
- How long does it take for a hemorrhoid to go away with preparation h?
- Anusol or preparation h
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can preparation h be used internally for internal hemorrhoids?
- How to rub preparation h on acne?
- Use of preparation h while breastfeeding
- Preparation h for external hemorrhoids
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free