Doctor insights on:
Preparation For Colonoscopy For Diabetics
If you are type II diabetic and have an upcoming Colonoscopy where for two days prior to the procedure what's are the safest liquids or broths, etc?
Diabetes is a disease of increased blood glucose levels. Glucose is a type of sugar that comes from the intake of food. Insulin is a type of hormone that removes the glucose from the blood and moves it into the cells to provide them with energy. There are two different types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2. Type 1 diabetes is when the body does not make any insulin. Therefore, glucose stays inside the blood and does not move into the cells. Type 2 diabetes, which is commonly associated with obesity, is when the body is either resistant to the effects of insulin or when the body does not produce enough insulin. Increased levels of glucose in the body causes severe damage to the ...Read more
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
I've been prepping all day for a colonoscopy but now i feel shaky should I go to the er? I'm a type 2 diabetic?
How long will it take to heal by itself for hemorrhoid I got because of preparation for colonoscopy?
I have big swelling on my rectum because of preparation for colonoscopy. What could it be and can I still have colonoscopy tomorrow?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Preparations for a colonoscopy
- Preparations for colonoscopy
- Colonoscopy preparation kit
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Colonoscopy preparation options
- Colonoscopy test preparation
- Colonoscopy cleanse preparation
- Diet before colonoscopy preparation
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free